Hereford Inlet Lighthouse is located at Hereford Inlet, on First and Central Avenues in North Wildwood. Hereford Light began operations on May 11, 1874. The tower is 49.5 feet tall, with light elevation rising to 57 feet above sea level. The light is visible for 13 nautical miles.A severe storm in 1913 damaged the light's foundation, requiring it to be moved westward about 150 feet. In 1964 the old light was replaced by an automatic light tower, but in 1986 the light was again placed in the lighthouse. Free tours of the lighthouse are offered during the summer.